Position Summary: The Children’s Ministry Assistant is a part-time position of 36 hours per month or approximately 10 hours/week. This position requires leadership and commitment to the Christian Education of our children by assisting with planning and administration of programming within the Children’s Ministry area.
Responsibilities for the Children’s Ministry Assistant:
• Assist Children’s Ministry Director with planning, setup, cleanup and administration of:
1. Kids Club
2. Sunday School
3. Vacation Bible School
4. Christmas Pageant
5. Summer Sunday School and other Summer Programming
6. Palm Sunday and Easter
7. Children’s Sabbath
9. Other events as needed
• Required to be at the church from 5:00 – 7:30 pm each week of Kids Club during the school year. Kids Club is on Wednesdays.
• Required to be at the church from 9:15-10:45 each Sunday morning for Sunday School.
• Required to attend and help lead, teach or assist with Vacation Bible School.
• Required to share Time of Youth Disciples during worship services occasionally.
• Required to be Safe Gatherings certified. Can take test after hired. Church will pay fee.
• Member of the Children’s Advisory Board and attend meetings as scheduled.
• Assist with Children’s Ministry as needed.
Not to exceed 432 hours per year, approximately 36 hours/month. A typical week might include 6 hours of planning and setup, 2.5 hours during Kids Club and 1.5 hour during Sunday School for 10 hours per week. (432 hours breakdown: Kids Club 200 hours, Year Round Planning & Programs (Sunday School, Summer Programming, Easter, Children’s Sabbath, etc.) 121 hours, VBS 20 hours, Christmas Pageant 13 hours.)
Direct Supervision by the Children’s Ministry Director with assistance from Senior Pastor.
$351 per month @ $9.75/hour
Potential Start Date:
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and 2 Letters of Reference to:
Church Office in care of Jo Swayne or